The mission of the Kandiyohi County and City of Willmar Economic Development Commission is to be a catalyst for economic growth of the greater Kandiyohi County area.
2022-2023 Strategic Priorities
EDC boards, committee members and other participants explored and considered several potential priority areas for the EDC for 2022. A key to success is collaboration, which the group feels is a strength of the EDC. Following small group discussion and various voting methods, the group narrowed the focus to the following areas:
- Maximizing Human Potential: Help individuals in Kandiyohi County reach their full potential through career awareness, training and development.
- Housing Development: Develop alternative housing options to increase the availability of affordable workforce housing stock countywide.
- Countywide Engagement: Intentional outreach and engagement in communities across Kandiyohi County to determine needs and build connections to EDC support and services.
- Advancing EDC Branding and Marketing Efforts: Position the EDC with updated branding to enhance its ability to reach target audiences and increase targeted outreach to Kandiyohi County and beyond.
- Business Support: Continued momentum of supporting existing businesses and fostering growth of new business opportunities through appreciation, awareness, technical support and access to funding.
- Workforce Development: Help build a skilled workforce that meets the needs of the local economy in order to grow and support businesses.
- Additional Areas (Addressed by Existing Committees/Groups):
2022-2023 Strategic Planning Session Summary
The EDC boards, staff, committee chairs and key stakeholders met in April 2022 for the EDC’s strategic planning session. Read the 2022-2023 Strategic Planning Summary.
The EDC will work with you to make your business a success in Kandiyohi County. To receive information or assistance from our Economic Development staff, please call or send us an email with your request details.