The mission of the Kandiyohi County and City of Willmar Economic Development Commission is to be a catalyst for economic growth of the greater Kandiyohi County area.
2022-2023 Strategic Priorities
EDC boards, committee members and other participants explored and considered several potential priority areas for the EDC for 2022. A key to success is collaboration, which the group feels is a strength of the EDC. Following small group discussion and various voting methods, the group narrowed the focus to the following areas:
- Maximizing Human Potential: Help individuals in Kandiyohi County reach their full potential through career awareness, training and development.
- Housing Development: Develop alternative housing options to increase the availability of affordable workforce housing stock countywide.
- Countywide Engagement: Intentional outreach and engagement in communities across Kandiyohi County to determine needs and build connections to EDC support and services.
- Advancing EDC Branding and Marketing Efforts: Position the EDC with updated branding to enhance its ability to reach target audiences and increase targeted outreach to Kandiyohi County and beyond.
- Business Support: Continued momentum of supporting existing businesses and fostering growth of new business opportunities through appreciation, awareness, technical support and access to funding.
- Workforce Development: Help build a skilled workforce that meets the needs of the local economy in order to grow and support businesses.
- Additional Areas (Addressed by Existing Committees/Groups):
- Child Care
2022-2023 Strategic Planning Session Summary
The EDC boards, staff, committee chairs and key stakeholders met in April 2022 for the EDC’s strategic planning session. Read the 2022-2023 Strategic Planning Summary.
The EDC will work with you to make your business a success in Kandiyohi County. To receive information or assistance from our Economic Development staff, please call or send us an email with your request details.
Economic Development Staff
Business Development Manager
Marketing and Communications Specialist