The mission of the Kandiyohi County and City of Willmar Economic Development Commission is to be a catalyst for economic growth of the greater Kandiyohi County Area.
The EDC is seeking a full-time Business Development Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in business retention/expansion/recruitment, assisting business startups and/or commercial/industrial development to strengthen the overall tax base resulting in the enhancement of a community’s quality of life. Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, economic development, finance, city planning or related field, and at least three years of experience.
Salary range is $65,000 to $80,000 DOQE. Apply electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter and contact information for four professional references by 2/24/2021. The position is open until filled. For more information, contact Aaron Backman at 320-235-7370 or toll free 866-665-4556.
2021 Strategic Priority Areas
EDC boards and committee members and other participants explored and considered several potential priority areas for the EDC, including Agriculture, Broadband, Business Retention & Expansion, Business Visits, Childcare, Diverse Workforce Training, Energy, Entrepreneur Support, Marketing, Opportunity Zones, Retail Service/Amenity Recruitment, Ridgewater College Enrollment, Transportation and Workforce Development. A key to success is collaboration, which the group feels is a strength of the EDC. Following small group discussion and various voting methods, the group narrowed the focus to five major areas (listed as ranked by the group):
- Workforce Development: Develop and expand workforce availability and skills to support the growth and expansion of businesses.
- Business Support: Building relationships with area business, with a key intent to inform them of available resources through the EDC, better understand their challenges/needs and help them share their successes.
- Childcare: Continue efforts of the Kandiyohi County Rural Childcare Innovation Program designed to develop right-sized solutions to address the challenges of early care and education in the area.
- Agricultural Innovation: Understanding and responding to the ever-changing food and agriculture sectors
- Broadband: Lobby—Collaborate—Educate to provide broadband access throughout Kandiyohi County
2019 Strategic Planning Session Summary
The EDC boards, staff, committee chairs and key stakeholders met in March 2019 for the EDC’s strategic planning session. Read the Strategic Planning Summary here.
The EDC will work with you to make your business a success in Kandiyohi County. To receive information or assistance from our Economic Development staff, please call or send us an email with your request details.
Economic Development Staff
Business Development Manager