Marketing and Public Relations Committee
Mission: To promote economic growth of the greater Kandiyohi County area
The Marketing and Public Relations Committee meets at 12 noon on the fourth Monday of each month most times at the Community Room of Heritage Bank, Willmar.
The EDC will strengthen its brand and build connections that advance its support and services through intentional marketing, outreach, and engagement in communities across Kandiyohi County.
2023-2026 Strategic Objectives
- Enhance Brand/Visibility: Position the EDC with updated and consistent branding that enhances its ability to proactively increase awareness of the EDC. Ensure branding aligns with Kandiyohi County and/or other regional branding.
- Promotion of Kandiyohi County: Identify and develop a cohesive county message and methods to promote the county as a place to work, start a business, or expand a business.
- Intentional Messaging and Outreach: Identify key audiences and develop outreach opportunities and messaging to build relationships and share/gather relevant and important information about Kandiyohi County economic development and the work of the EDC.
VISION OF IMPACT: Kandiyohi County EDC is recognized as a leader in driving economic opportunity, growth, and prosperity in the county, state and beyond.
- Complete updating of the EDC brand/logo/website while ensuring alignment/consistency with other applicable county rebranding efforts.
- Provide regular and relevant content through social media and a newsletter.
- Advance outreach efforts in rural cities and townships through invitations to EDC events/meetings and participation in events throughout the county.
- Develop an activity calendar for the EDC website that links existing economic/workforce development activities/resources.
2023-2024 Projected Outcomes
- The EDC is better positioned with a new identity that presents a memorable impression and helps convey the value of the EDC.
- Businesses and community advocates are better informed of the work of the EDC and key economic trends and workforce activities through advanced communications and outreach.
Pam Rosenau, Chairperson
Ben Carlson, Vice Chairperson
Marketing and Communications Specialist