Agriculture and Renewable Energy Development Committee
Mission: To sustain, identify and develop agriculture, agribusiness and renewable energy opportunities.
The Ag Committee meets at 7:30 a.m. on the third Thursday of each month (except May and October when it does not meet) with most meetings hosted at Christianson, PLLP, 302 Fifth Street, Willmar.
Target activities that leverage Kandiyohi County’s assets in agriculture, with a special emphasis on ag business, manufacturing, bioscience, technology, energy and research.
- Bring agriculture or renewable energy related projects to the West Central Angel Fund I for consideration throughout the year.
- Plan and implement projects in response to the strategies identified in the 2017 Ag Producers Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Program
- Conduct education and marketing campaign highlighting local agriculture
- Work with the EDC’s Marketing and Public Relations Committee
- Establish a subcommittee to lead efforts
- Promote our region as an area that supports renewable energy development
- Broadly distribute the Ag Producers BRE Report
- Assist with deployment of broadband into rural unserved areas of Kandiyohi County
- Continue to identify specific needs among agriculture and renewable energy for broadband access and speed, including current and future communication needs
- Invite and support development of value-added agriculture businesses in Kandiyohi County
- Continue to monitor and promote Kandiyohi County’s involvement in the Minnesota Turkey Research and Development Facility and Minnesota Dairy Training, Research and Consumer Education Facility
Ag Producer BRE Survey
The EDC’s Ag Committee has completed its second BRE survey of ag producers. To see the results of the first survey in 2005, click here.
The 2017 Ag BRE survey data will be presented at workshops at 12 noon and 4:00 p.m. on April 5, 2017 in the Multipurpose Room of the Kandiyohi County Health & Human Services Building. If interested in attending one of these workshops, R.S.V.P. is required. Call 866-665-5284 or 320-235-7370 or email email@example.com by March 23, 2017.