Agriculture and Renewable Energy Development Committee
Mission: To sustain, identify and develop agriculture, agribusiness and renewable energy opportunities.
The Ag Committee meets at 7:30 a.m. on the third Thursday of each month (except May and October when it does not meet) with most meetings hosted at Christianson, PLLP, 302 Fifth Street, Willmar.
Target activities that leverage Kandiyohi County’s assets in agriculture, with a special emphasis on ag business, manufacturing, bioscience, technology, energy and research.
The Ag Committee has been active for many years and the EDC boards identified agriculture as one of its four priority areas for 2019.
Understanding and responding to the ever-changing food and agriculture sectors.
Collaborate with other agriculture groups to support and market agriculture as an economic driver in Kandiyohi County through educational forums and innovative marketing that strengthen the ag industry sector.
- Collaborate with other agriculture groups and producers to host community conversations and/or educational forums that support producers and dispel myths around agriculture.
- Recruit additional value-added agriculture processors, businesses and markets.
- Create a local vision statement for agriculture as the economic driver that it is in Kandiyohi County and share the vision broadly.
Agriculture will be recognized as an important, strong and vibrant sector in our area. Producers will be valued and supported and their income will increase.
- Area ag producers feel supported and valued for their role in our regional economy
- Agriculture is recognized broadly as a strength of the area
- Producers are supported in increasing their potential for success
Ag Producer BRE Survey
To see the results of the first survey in 2005, click here.