Agriculture and Renewable Energy Development Committee
Mission: To sustain, identify and develop agriculture, agribusiness and renewable energy opportunities.
The Ag Committee meets at 7:30 a.m. on the third Thursday of each month (except May and October when it does not meet) with most meetings hosted at Christianson, PLLP, 302 Fifth Street, Willmar.
Target activities that leverage Kandiyohi County’s assets in agriculture, with a special emphasis on ag business, manufacturing, bioscience, technology, energy and research.
- Bring agriculture or renewable energy related projects to the West Central Angel Fund I for consideration throughout the year.
- Plan and implement projects in response to the strategies identified in the 2017 Ag Producers Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Program
- Conduct education and marketing campaign highlighting local agriculture
- Work with the EDC’s Marketing and Public Relations Committee
- Establish a subcommittee to lead efforts
- Promote our region as an area that supports renewable energy development
- Broadly distribute the Ag Producers BRE Report
- Assist with deployment of broadband into rural unserved areas of Kandiyohi County
- Continue to identify specific needs among agriculture and renewable energy for broadband access and speed, including current and future communication needs
- Invite and support development of value-added agriculture businesses in Kandiyohi County
- Continue to monitor and promote Kandiyohi County’s involvement in the Minnesota Turkey Research and Development Facility and Minnesota Dairy Training, Research and Consumer Education Facility
Ag Producer BRE Survey
To see the results of the first survey in 2005, click here.
Dan Lippert, Chairperson
Larry Konsterlie, Vice Chairperson
Connie Schmoll, Business Development Specialist
Ag Committee Minutes
- January 18, 2018
- Prior Years