“Our economic future depends on four-lane access and filling the gaps from Willmar to I-94”
The Highway 23 Coalition is seeking state funding to complete the two four-land gaps on Highway 23 between Willmar and I-94. The lack of accessibility has caused our area to miss out on economic growth that other regional cities have enjoyed. Our hopes are that through the Highway 23 Coalition and community support, we will be able to persuade the state to approve the money needed for this project.
- MnDOT District 8 completed environmental reviews but doesn’t have funding to complete the four-lane gaps.
- Willmar is the largest outstate city without four-lane access.
- A four-lane connection to the interstate is essential to West Central Minnesota’s economy.
- Accessibility is required to attract and retain manufacturing jobs.
- The project will attract professionals to our community.
- Logistics and warehousing businesses with just-in-time inventory models require four-lane accessibility.
- Safe, reliable transportation is crucial for our key industries and the traveling public.
- In the six-county region, 585 businesses will directly benefit from filling the gaps.